129 Bowling Gap Circle, Blairsville, GA 30512
About The Shelter
The Humane Society’s Mountain Shelter greets and provides care for over 800 animals each year. The Shelter houses and feeds everyone, keeps them in a healthy safe environment and sees to all their medical needs. A few will find their way back to their original owners and but most are placed for adoption.
Despite all our efforts there is always a dark side – hundreds of animals (millions nationwide) will never know the love and comfort of a home. Why do we allow one of God’s creatures to be treated so badly, whether its cruelty, starvation, lack of medical attention? Education and compassion.
We need to continue the education of our children on the proper treatment of animals, and they will pay it forward by educating their children. Teaching compassion, spay and neutering to stop over-population and the humane treatment of animals. All dogs and cats in our care are spayed or neutered before they are available for adoption. If you can’t adopt, sponsor an animal to help encourage an adoption for an animal that has been at shelter a while.
What can one person do – GREAT things!
- Take the time to spay or neuter your pet.
- Take the time to be compassionate to another one of God’s creations.
- Take the time to sponsor a critter that’s been at the shelter a while.
- Take the time to donate items to our Thrift Stores or come in and SHOP one of our locations.
- Take the time to volunteer and help us raise funds to care for our dogs and cats.
- Take the time to donate by dropping your coins and bills into our many jars throughout the counties.
- Take the time to make a donation in memory of someone you loved.
- Take the time to make your donation now.
- Take the time to imagine how you could help raise funds to take care of the residents of our facility.
- Each one of us can make a difference – donate today!